DataWarehouse Live FAQs
That’s up to you! If you prefer to micromanage your own database, we can send all data to your Azure or Local repository, otherwise we can manage an Azure server on your behalf.
Of course. Data coming from the source is subject to the security protocols of the supplier. It is then processed and deposited into the destination. If you’re hosting the destination, its security is whatever you need it to be, but if we are we have years of database management skills that we bring to bear to ensure your data is secure.
Absolutely – for On-Prem systems you will need to have our Data Connector installed and configured, but once that is done the system can be used by Data Warehouse.
You can. However, we recommend a third-party provider for a few reasons:
You’ll have the options and flexibility:
- To move away from that ERP System without starting from the beginning again
- Of numerous Hosting locations
- Of various BI Options (not limited to the ERP choice)
- Field anonymisation (greater flexibility)
- To add many other systems across different business sectors
Custom design your own
If we currently support your system/s you can find them in the management portal. If we don’t have your system currently supported, we can arrange for it to be added. Contact us at email@example.com and we can discuss the options available to make this happen.
Data Warehouse is just an aggregation tool – you’ll need a BI software like Snapshot Live or Power BI to do any reporting. We can help with that too or speak to your Partner.
We can’t provide live feed to the second data due to the massive size of some of these data sets. When you set up each new system, you can choose its sync schedule and frequency.
The core difference between a Data Lake and Warehouse is that the latter stores data knowing about inter-table relations.
Data Warehouse Live straddles the line between the two solutions – we understand that relations exist between tables, but we offer a more ‘take it or leave it’ approach. The admin can choose to exclude fields or entire tables from syncing in order to anonymise data or speed up the syncing process.
You can, but there isn’t much point. If the Warehouse is corrupted or damaged, simply syncing from scratch will achieve the same as restoring a backup.
Of course we believe DataWarehouse Live offers the best value for money in the market.
- Our Warehouse is priced more dynamically than many bespoke options on the market while being quicker to set up than these as well.
- Our per-month subscription reduces the sticker-shock that we see with bespoke Data Warehouse providers, and it also allows you to scale up and down the Warehouse as new systems are brought in without having to go through lengthy development cycles.
- As with all Plus Software products, we operate on a cancel-anytime model meaning that there’s no lost value if you decide the Warehousing isn’t giving the value you need.
Sure! Yes. Defo! We’ll set that up for you.
If you’re likely to use Plus to produce Dashboarding, Reporting and insights, then Snapshot is probably the best choice, often more cost effective to setup and maintain than Power BI.
Alternately, if Microsoft products are your go-to solution in the company, it might be easier to add Power BI to that ecosystem.
If you’re unsure on which way to go, contact Plus and we’ll answer any questions you may have.
We don’t recommend using Data Warehouse Live in place of proper Database backups.
Not at all! Data Warehouse Live is billed month-to-month and is cancel any time.